Movie Camera Manuals in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
This page last updated on Tuesday, 23-Apr-2013 22:43:22 EDT
(also includes some other movie equipment)
All files below were scanned from original manuals, not
copies, except where noted by .
Most Recent Additions
- Elmo 16-CL Projectors, added 23-Apr-2013
- Bolex 16mm Splicer, added 22-Apr-2013
- Eumig Projectors Manual, added 22-Apr-2013
- Goko G-2002 Editor/Viewer, added 22-Apr-2013
- Bolex Matte Box Manual, added 21-Apr-2013
- Bolex H16 Rex5 Catalog, added 21-Apr-2013
- Bolex Accessories Catalog, added 21-Apr-2013
- Eumig Nautica brochure, added 15-Apr-2013
- Elmo K-100SM projector manual, added 13-Apr-2013
- Canon 814XL and 1014XL brochures, added 12-Apr-2013
- Canon 514XL and 514XL-S brochures, added 12-Apr-2013
Bell and Howell
- Bolex 16mm Splicer instructions. (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex Matte Box manual. Note: Single page at end of PDF after back cover is just that, an unstapled 1-page insert. (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex H16 Rex5 catalog (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex H16RX and H8RX Accessories catalog (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex 521 16mm sound projector brochure (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex 421 16mm sound projector brochure (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex Super 8 equipment brochure version 1 (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex Super 8 equipment brochure version 2 (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex 150 Super Manual
- Bolex 150 Super Depth of Field table
- Bolex 160 Macrozoom Manual
- Bolex 8mm Cameras and Accessories Brochure
- Bolex 16mm Price List from January 1, 1973
- Bolex 16mm Price List from August 1, 1974
- Bolex 16mm Price List from December 1, 1980
- Bolex 16mm Product Catalog, 1973
- Bolex 16mm Product Catalog, 1974
- Bolex 16mm Product Catalog, 1981
- Bolex 400ft Magazine
- Bolex 480 Macrozoom
- Bolex 7.5 Macrozoom
- Bolex D8LA (double 8mm)
- Bolex Electric H Hand Grip (francais,deutsch,english,italiano,espanol)
- Bolex H16 EBM Electric manual
- Bolex H16 EBM Electric sales brochure #1 (larger, color)
- Bolex H16 EBM Electric sales brochure #2
- Bolex H16 EBM Electric sales brochure #3 (nearly identical to #1)
- Bolex H16 EBM audio cable schematic diagram. Shows how to wire cable to connect EBM to Nagra, Stellavox, Uher and Perfectone
- Bolex Synchro Quartz module schematic diagram
- Bolex Crystal Control + Sync Pulse (PQM) manual
- Bolex Bulletin on sync-sound filming with Bolex H-16 cameras--both double- and single-system methods.
- Bolex H16 EBM Spare Parts and Service Instructions. Good exploded views of camera components, wiring diagrams. Also has some pages for the SB, SBM, M and RX4 models.
- Bolex H16 EL manual
- Bolex H16 EL brochure
- Bolex H16 Reflex
- Bolex H16 SB and SBM
- Bolex Zoom Reflex P1
- Bolex Zoom Reflex Series Brochure
- Bolex Lenses for 16mm cameras Tech Bulletin No. 34-6/61. Has nice table of specs for full line of lenses.
- Bolex Lenses for Bolex 16mm Cameras. A complete explanation of "RX" compared to normal C-mount lenses, what it really means, what workarounds there are. An original document directly from Bolex. Finally, get all the facts straight on this.
- Bolex Worldwide Service Directory
- Bolex S-221 16mm Sound Projector brochure
- Bolex SM8 Sound Projector
- Bolex "Super" Titler brochure Equipment list with photos; has several usage examples with photos.
- Bolex Vario-Switar 100 POE (16mm-100mm zoom lens)
- Bolex Vario-Switar 100 PTL (12.5mm-100mm zoom lens). Press release.
- Kern-Paillard 25mm Depth-of-field table (for 16mm)
- Bolex mail order Bulletin of Photographic Supplies. Issue #1 in original envelope from 1942. Great examples of 1940s graphic design.
- Bolex Reporter magazine. 1962-1963. Vol. 12, no. 2. 36 pages of Bolex articles. Skiing! Aerial Shots (sort of)!
- Bolex Reporter magazine. 1964-1965. Vol. 14, no. 2. 36 pages of Bolex articles. Worth it just for the racy ad on the back cover!.
- Bolex H16 EBM Elctric Base wiring diagram (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex RexOFader instructions for H-16 Rex and H-8 Rex cameras (thanks to J.L. Seguin for the donation!)
- Bolex Multimatic Super-8 projector condensed instructions
- Bolex Multimatic Super-8 projector manual
Cinema Products (CP)
- Filming The Waltz of the Flowers An article (partial) by Clifford B. Hicks from the September, 1947 issue of Popular Mechanics. John N. Ott, Jr. films some of the most elaborate time-lapse photography I've read about. Because of my interest in film, my grandmother gave me this article over 20 years ago, less the last couple pages. The complete article is available on Google Books now, which is pretty amazing to me.
- GAF 64 R Super-8 camera (english) (thanks to mdb for the donation!)
- GAF 64 R Super-8 camera (francais,deutsch,italiano,nederlands,svenska,norsk) (thanks to mdb for the donation!)
- GAF SS 805 Super-8 camera (thanks to Vlad M. for the donation!)
- PRO-1 modified Pixelvision PXL-2000 manual. The PRO-1 modification adds A/V output jacks for recording onto mediums other than the standard audio cassette. Yes, the Pixelvision was a kids 'toy' camera that recorded onto audio cassettes. The A/V jacks allow you to record onto a digital video camera slung over your shoulder, for instance.
Power (honestly never had hear of them until the manual was donated, but 'Power' seems to be the brand name)
- SuperMag 400 instructions and photos. The SuperMag 400 (a 400' Super8 magazine) was only briefly in production around 2004-2006. The photos were taken by me, of the prototype unit I purchased from the creator.
Contact me about donating a manual (e.g. send me the original, I'll scan it, and send it back, or you can send me a scan of an original manual and I can post it)
Why do I do this?
It just doesn't seem right to me to sell old manuals, on places such as ebay. Well, I guess an old original manual seems fine, but people also sell PDF files of them, either electronically delivered or on a CDROM. That just doesn't sit right with me. I think people who need the information, and don't want an original manual, should just be able to get it for free. So there you go.
Flicker Los Angeles "is focused on giving Super 8 filmmakers an outlet and forum for their short films."
Pro8mm sells and processes Super-8 film.